Crowder releases dates, details of Fall Career Fair

PHOTO BY DAVID OLANIRAN/MANAGING EDITOR FOR VISUAL AND MULTIMEDIA

Office of Career Services director, Sabrina Crowder is hoping to host one of the best Fall Career Fairs this fall.

Cullen H. Davis, Senior Staff Reporter/Writer

The Alabama State University Office of Career Services will host a virtual career fair on Sept. 25. The director of the Office of Career Services, Sabrina Crowder, looks to not only continue organizing this event but “take it up a notch” this year. With over 30 companies planning to be present, she hopes to make it the best virtual career fair yet.
The Office of Career Services’ mission is to “Help students think globally and long-term through career and personal development. We build relationships with employers to provide opportunities for student/alumni success and meet their industry’s staffing demands,” and according to Crowder, they plan to do exactly that. Inviting all, from gamers to bankers, she has taken the necessary steps to appeal to many Hornet interests by hosting a wide range of recruiters.
For attendees hoping to pursue a career in business, representatives of PwC and Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (Deloitte) will be present. With both companies being major forces of \professional services and development.
For Hornets with aspirations of going into the retail realm, there will be a couple of household names in attendance, with the most notable being Amazon.com, Inc. With over a million employees and a net worth of $1.7 trillion, Amazon holds a secure spot as part of the Big Five, a name for the technology industry giants. A great corporation whether as a data analyst, factory administrator or delivery driver.
Considering technology is a fruitful and ever-growing industry, NetApp Inc., Amdocs, and CDW Corporation will be present. Searching for Hornets specializing in software management and technological services, they will look for eager and innovative minds.
In the business of banking and other financial institutions, representatives of Regions Bank, Northwestern Mutual Alabama, the Alabama Department of Revenue, and others will be in attendance. Considering the Alabama Department of Revenue and multiple branches of Northwestern Mutual are all located in Montgomery, the first step to success might be closer than one might think.
For those pursuing careers in more specialized trades, there will be a number of options in participation. Enterprise Holding, Inc., Vulcan Materials Company, Motion Industries, and more will be open to any questions or concerns that students might have.
Officials from Encompass Health and Unilever will represent the world of health care. More humanitarian efforts will also be present through the inclusion of nonprofit organizations. By inviting Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, the Peace Corps, and INROADS, the Office of Career Services plans to cater to the Hornets’ philanthropic nature.
Representatives of the armed forces will also be in attendance. Recruiters of the United States Air Force, Chicago Police Department, and others will be on the lookout for the bravest and boldest of the Hornet Nation.
Crowder urges the Hornet population to capitalize off of this opportunity. With the Office of Career Services’ goal to provide exposure to ASU students, success could be easily reached.