SGA officers sponsor farewell comedy show

Jaelyn Stansbury/Managing Editor

During the comedy show sponsored by the Student Government Association on April 17, comedian Tyler Chronicles told a joke about one of the university administrators which caused the crowd to erupt in laughter.

Phyllis Turnipseed, Staff Reporter/Writer

Comedians Lav Luv, Tyler Chronicles and Darren Brand from “Wild’N Out” had over 300 students laughing out of their seats as the Student Government Association (SGA) kicked off its farewell events on April 17, 2023 in the John Garrick Hardy Center Ballroom.
From start, the comedians were very involved with the crowd and established a loose, comfortable and inappropriate comic environment.
Amyerrial Carey, a freshman majoring in social work, said the comedy show was “amazing and highly recommended.”
Senior finance major, Charles Bank, originally thought that the show would be boring.
“I came in expecting it to be boring, but it was hilarious. I would go again,” Bank said.
Starting out hosting high school talent shows, Lav Luv has been inciting laughter-infused riots for years with his bright blend of humor. Upon returning from service in the U.S. Armed Forces, he dove right into a career in comedy and the students who were attendance were laughing so hard that the time did not matter.
Freshman Kennedy Duncan, a computer information systems major, said, “The show was amazing, all laughs, and completely relatable.”
Tyler Chronicles began his comedy career by hosting popular college shows such as Aggie Fest Step Show for North Carolina A&T State University and University of Southern California Homecoming Step Show.
Eryn Griffin, a freshman majoring in forensic science, said, “With the line up I already knew this show was going to be funny,” Griffin said. “They were so relatable and real laid back they also gave us some words of advice that I loved; the event was a success.”
Darren Brand is a North Carolina A&T alum who has become successful through his passion for comedy. Born and raised in Southern Pines, North Carolina, the small town could not contain his big personality. From working with the BET network to over 80 episodes on the Nick Cannon show, Wild ‘N Out, he has made a lane for himself as a comedian.
Brandon Miller, a sophomore majoring in social work, thought that the comedy show was everything that could be expected.
“It was good, goofy, and felt like some were going overboard, but that is what made it funny.”
Senior physical therapy major Malcolm Kelley felt the show was a success and that the SGA should be happy with the results.
“It was a hilarious event to attend,” he said. “The comedy show was good. I really enjoyed myself.”