“Balance Sheet Bash 2024” to be held in Montgomery for business students

Jeannine K. Brown

The Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants will sponsor the “Balance Sheet Bash 2024” on Jan. 18 at 8:30 a.m. and is projected to end at 3:45 p.m. This event is designed as a career and professional development day for business students as professionals began to observe Alabama Accounting Week.  The event will be held at 1041 Longfield Court in Montgomery, Alabama.  The goal for the program is to promote diversity in accounting.

“This event is free for students and intended for those majoring in accounting or a student from a college of business who may be interested in learning more about accounting. It’s easy to participate – and we hope you will,” said Chief Executive Officer of Everyday Lead, Jeannine Brown.  “This is a fantastic opportunity for ASU students who are preparing for a career in accounting and finance.  It’s not just a day of learning; it’s a day of career-building.”

She continued.

“We’re bringing in professionals from public accounting, government, industry and even entrepreneurship to share their insights and experiences. Imagine the kind of networking students can do! Plus, they might find a mentor who can guide them as they start their professional journey.

As for what to bring and how to dress Brown gives this advice.

“Students should dress their best – first impressions count, and bring along resumes and business cards. This is a chance to shine and maybe even land some great opportunities.  Also, prepare some thoughtful questions to make the most out of the sessions.”

This event will have a set agenda of something to do the whole time! They will provide breakfast and lunch, and have little ice breakers for attendees to do. They will have motivational speakers, leadership training, networking and on site interviews with the Sponsors!

These sponsors will include the AICPA & CIMA, +ASCPA, NASBA – Center for the Public Trust, NABA INC, Kaiser Permanente, NSBCPA (National Society of Black Certified Public Accountants), BMSS-Advidors and CPA’s,  FORV/S and Warren Averett.