BeyGood stops by Alabama State University

An anonymous representative of the Beygood Foundation announces to students that the university has been selected as a Renaissance School and will receive $100,000 for scholarships during a special event held in the John Garrick Hardy Center.

Phyllis Turnipseed, Staff Reporter/Writer

Alabama State University received a big surprise from “Queen B” Feb. 26, 2023 in the John Garrick Hardy Center Ballroom.
Beyonce’ Knowles-Carter, universally considered as one of the greatest entertainers of her time, partnered with Adidas and her BeyGOOD Foundation to create a delightful moment to get Alabama State University students moving in 2023.
Aside from awarding Renaissance concert tickets, she provided students with Ivy Park gear, an athleisure clothing line owned, managed and operated by the singer through her management company.
With an agreement from the university to participate, BeyGOOD partnered with the university during Black History Month to hold an on-campus one-day event where Adidas and Ivy Park products would be given to students, including footwear, apparel and accessories from coveted drops.
The BeyGOOD Foundation focuses on economic equity by supporting marginalized and under-resourced programs, committed to serving people through educational scholarships, the advocacy of internships and access to resources for advancing entrepreneurship and small business sustainability across the country and abroad.
This premium pop-up “shop” experience included student invitees, where they could book an “appointment” to shop the styles in the spirit of encouraging students who are returning to campus for the spring semester to get active.
When Beyonce’ announced her Renaissance Tour by bringing BeyGood to historically Black colleges ad universities (HBCUs) (including Alabama State University, Prairie View A&M University, Jackson State University as well as seven more universities) – they are just a few of the 10 schools selected to receive the Renaissance 100k in scholarship, internships and Renaissance tickets.
Knowles-Carter’s staff announced “the great thing about Beyonce’s scholarship is that we try to make it to where everybody can make it where anybody can follow and we put it on her website so everybody can make it.”
The BeyGOOD had four different sessions and each session was phenomenal. BeyGOOD staff picked four people out of the group to dance as the DJ played “I Bet You Won’t,” and “Walk Around The Club.”
After the crowd and staff applauded for the best dancers, the ones who danced the best were surprised with Beyonce’ Renaissance tickets. Members of the Beta Eta chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., immediately started strolling to R &B artist Genuwine’s “Back that Ass Up”.
Justice Murphy performed Jennifer Holliday’s rendition of ‘I Am Telling You,” which earned her a scholarship.
At the end of every session each student who showed up to BeyGOOD or worked as staff for BeyGOOD received Ivy Park clothing and accessories! There were many Ivy Park sets, shirts, hoodies and accessories such as hats, fanny packs and duffle bags.
Michael Bishop is the content creator of BeyGood.
“I wanted to pour into ya’ll that I was a small boy from Oakland but I made it out,” he said. “I have been where y’all are, follow your dreams and do what you want to do and fall into it and give back and blessing will come to you.”