Delbert Madison appointed to National Accountancy Board

Delbert Madison

Delbert Madison

Staff Report, The Hornet Tribune

The National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) Center for Public Trust (CPT) tapped a member of the Alabama State University board of trustees, Delbert Madson, to be a member of their accountancy board.
Madison, an alumnus, will now serve on a board that promotes and addresses the issues of ethics and ethical behavior in business, education, public policy and society, while advancing a positive perspective on activities within the business and accounting communities. Madison is the only member of the CPT from Alabama.
“The mission of the board that I now serve on is to develop, empower and promote ethical behavior and leaders,” Madison said. “Our responsibility is to focus on such areas that will develop, empower and promote ethical leaders from students, who are our future leaders, and empower existing professionals to engage in all key social issues, which are impacted by ethical behavior.”
Madison, a Montgomery native, has been a member of the board of trustees since 2020 and currently serves as the board’s president pro-tempore. He is a senior vice president of Treasury Management Sales for ServisFirst Bank.
Madison believes that the ultimate goal of the CPT board is to advance ethical leadership to influence the world in doing what is right and proper.
“It is my objective, and that of the board, to collaborate and leverage relationships with all manner of people and corporate entities,” he said, “from universities and their students, especially HBCUs like Alabama State University, as well as other organizations, so we may increase the exposure of the CPT and the behavior that it promotes.”
As part of this plan, he says that the CPT must develop and maintain effective communications and branding programs to broaden its exposure, so as to promote ethical leadership in all aspects of business.
Madison says advocating for inclusiveness is also one of his goals as a CPT member.
“My goal is to establish student chapters on the campuses of HBCUs, just as I did here at Alabama State in 2022, which made the University’s chapter the very first one in the state,” Madison said. “Inclusiveness is important for the students within our African-American community nationwide. Alabama State University’s chapter is a positive example of just what we can do to promote both ethical behavior and diversity, which is my focus as a new member of this board.”