Stewart donates $200K for new Courtney Stewart Digital Content and Creative Suite

David Campbell/University Photographer
During the Homecoming football game, Courtney Stewart presents a check to President Quinton T. Ross Jr., Ed.D. He is joined by Stewart’s mother, father and sister along with Athletic Director Jason Cable and Alumini Affairs Director Cromwell Hand Photo by David Campbell/Alabama State University

The Alabama State University moniker, “Where History is Made,” rings true as alumnus Courtney Stewart donates $200,000 to create the Courtney Stewart Digital Content and Creative Suite, which will be located in the Dunn-Oliver Acadome.
Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Jason Cable, Ph.D., explained that the venue is to be utilized to create content for students’ personal portfolios, as well as for information for the department of intercollegiate athletics.
“The space created for the Courtney Stewart Digital Content and Creative Suite (Suite) will be constructed in phases with the latest up-to-date technology which will allow ‘Bama State’ students to create, edit, record, produce and collaborate in a dedicated space,” Cable said.
He shared that within the Suite, an area called “The Innovation Café” will be included to provide coffee and snacks for students and employees who are working there on various projects.
“The new space created by this historic donation will be branded with the words CREATE, LEARN and GROW as this will be a space that will foster creativity, enhance the learning process, and facilitate growth and development for Alabama State University students,” asserted Cable. “I would like to thank Courtney (Class of 2003), not only for his generous gift but also for his commitment to legacy and impact. This transformational gift will greatly benefit our students and student-athletes throughout their time at ASU and impact them for the rest of their lives.”
As founder of Right Hand Co., Right Hand Foundation and co-founder of Keep Cool Records, Stewart leverages a 360-degree approach to all aspects of his business and philanthropy. He is an artist manager, record label executive, tech investor, real estate developer and humanitarian who maximizes opportunity for success from all angles. This ability to align and collaborate closely with artists not only fostered the breakout of multi-platinum, global superstar Khalid, but it also cemented Stewart among the industry’s leaders recognized on Billboard’s prestigious “40 Under 40,” Variety’s 2018 and 2019 “Hitmakers” list and Billboard’s 2020 “Power List.”
Stewart has built an impressive career beyond the music industry. As an Atlanta native, he has invested in real estate throughout Atlanta to support revitalization. His development projects include dozens of single and multi-family homes, as well as “The Network ATL,” a premiere event space in the city.
Additionally, he founded Right Hand Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit organization that provides single mothers and children with free housing, educational programs and resources that support long-term success and independent sustainability. His charitable outreach in Atlanta has been longstanding and has provided a wide range of support impacting hundreds of families across the metro area.
Stewart is committed to the advancement of HBCUs and was honored with an Alabama State University 50 Under 50 alumni award as a donor, advisory committee member, and ambassador of the University. Stewart often does speaking and panel engagements with campuses across the country to inspire the next generation of leaders.