Official student newspaper of Alabama State University

The Hornet Tribune

The Hornet Tribune

The Hornet Tribune

Evening Out Formal Wear
Heritage Barbershop

Hornets fall to UAPB Golden Lions

Photo by David Campbell/Alabama
action between Alabama State University and the University of Arkansas Pine-Bluff, Saturday, Feb. 17, 2024. Photo by David Campbell/Alabama State University

In a challenging matchup, the Alabama State University Lady Hornets fell short against the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (UAPB) Lady Golden Lions, with a final score of 70-47.
The game proved to be a difficult test for the Lady Hornets as they struggled to generate consistent offense against a strong Lady Golden Lions defense.
From the opening tip-off, the Lady Golden Lions asserted their dominance, creating defensive pressure that disrupted the Lady Hornets’ offensive flow.
Despite their best efforts, the Lady Hornets found it challenging to break through the Lady Golden Lions’ defensive schemes and create scoring opportunities. Throughout the game, the Lady Golden Lions’ defense limited the Hornets’ offensive production, forcing turnovers and contesting shots. The Hornets’ players fought hard, but the Lady Golden Lions’ defensive intensity made it difficult for them to find their rhythm.
Despite the team’s struggles, there were noteworthy individual performances for the Hornets.
Certain players showcased their skills and contributed to the team’s effort on the court. However, their collective offensive output fell short against the Lady Golden Lions’ stout defense.
The final score of 70-47 reflects the uphill battle that Alabama State faced throughout the game. The Lady Golden Lions’ offensive execution, combined with their defensive prowess, proved to be the deciding factor in the outcome.
As the season progresses, the Hornets’ will analyze this game, identify areas of improvement, and work diligently to enhance their offense and defensive strategies.
While the defeat against the Lady Golden Lions is undoubtedly disappointing, it serves as a learning opportunity for Alabama State.
The team will use this setback as motivation to bounce back stronger in their upcoming games, striving to showcase their true potential and achieve success on the court.