WHO WILL BE THE NEXT SGA TREASURER?

Could it be O’Neil Moore?

Photo by JAELYN STANSBURY/MANAGING EDITOR

SGA Executive Treasurer Candidate O’Neil Moore makes his case for why he should be the next SGA treasurer during the ‘Meet the Candidates’ event that was held in the John Garrick Hardy Center Amphitheater.

Jessica Sims, Staff Reporter/ Writer

Q: Give me a short job description of what you feel is the job of the SGA Executive Treasurer?
A: The SGA Treasurer serves as the Financial Officer of the Student Government Association. They coordinate with the College’s Chief Officer to maintain precise records of all financial transactions and reports as well as to the SGA Senate.

Q: Do you really believe that the SGA Executive Treasurer should be considered an executive position?
A: Yes, since an executive is defined as an individual who holds administrative or supervisory authority in an organization.

Q: What made you want to run for the position of SGA Executive Treasurer?
A: Becoming treasurer would allow me to be efficient with the allotted funds SGA has been provided and allow me to encourage those who receive those funds to spend it wisely.

Q: What do you feel is the best method to raise funds for the SGA?
A: The best method to raise money is by staying in communication with resources that students might not be familiar with that have funds that have not been publicized to the students . Also holding more events on and off campus can help raise a lot more money.

Q: What are some of the goals and objectives that you would like to accomplish as the SGA Executive Treasurer?
A: My Platform that I’ll be running on is , “#TSR.” T represents “The time is now” . S- “Stating important information regarding finances around the city of Montgomery as well as funding for Alabama State University.” & R- “Renewing our own money.”

Q: What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses and how will both play into the way you handle things if you are elected?
A: As a student body, we should be made well aware of different financial opportunities in and outside of the school. This can better help us to not only fund our education but also show us where our money is being allocated within the school. By knowing where every cent is going once your money is dispersed. By being transparent with the SGA budget before and after it is passed.

Q: How do you feel about the current administration, “Have they done a good job or not?”
A: The current administration has done a phenomenal job. I do believe that moving forward, we should expand on the foundation that they’ve already laid out for the current Student Government Association.